MyAlert installation issue
Hi.

Yes, I'd love MyAlert plugin. But I've got this trouble when try to install this plugin

PHP Code:
Invalid template prefix 

I found your document about templating mybb plugin here : http://www.euantor.com/185-templates-in-mybb-plugins

But I'm not sure about :

$PL->templates(
'pluginname',
'pluginName',
$templates
);
Sounds like you have an underscore in the prefix. Remove it and it should work Happy
LCTG likes this post
Yeah, I did it and it's working.

But my theme quite special, now I want the popup being the tooltip of alert icon when hover it, is this possible?
euan likes this post
For MyAlerts, you could just modify myalerts.js so it reacts to hovering rather than clicking.
LCTG likes this post
(26-05-2013, 11:55 AM)euan Wrote: For MyAlerts, you could just modify myalerts.js so it reacts to hovering rather than clicking.

Could you help me some examples ? I'm using qTip2
For example,

I want to create new template for MyAlert call alert_tooltip, content is

PHP Code:
<div id="unreadAlerts_menu_popup" class="myalerts_popup">
<
div class="popupTitle">{$lang->myalerts_page_title}</div>
<
ol>{$alerts}</ol>
<
div class="popupFooter"><a href="usercp.php?action=alerts">{$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_alerts}</a></div>
</
div

And the headericon template will look like this :

PHP Code:
<span class="myalerts_popup_wrapper{$newAlertsIndicator}">
<
a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=alerts" class="unreadAlerts lctg_alerts_popup_hook" id="unreadAlerts_menu" data-tooltip="{$alert_tooltip}"><span class="icon-frame frame-36" style="background-image: url(&quot;{$mybb->settings['cdnurl']}/assets/images/lctg-themes/icons/36/alert.jpg&quot;);"></span></a>
</
span

What should I need to do with the javascript and myalert.php ?
*** Up ****
No one interested in ?
You would probably have to modify the templates and myalerts.js quite heavily if you want to use a tooltip. I'm not 100% sure if that's what you're wanting though.
(29-05-2013, 11:02 AM)euan Wrote: You would probably have to modify the templates and myalerts.js quite heavily if you want to use a tooltip. I'm not 100% sure if that's what you're wanting though.

Actually, my themes is quite special and if we click to MyAlert icon, it can't display well. So I want when I hover on MyAlert icon, the MyAlert popup, panel (whatever) will be displayed instead of click. And I also want to use the tooltip (qTip2) class instead of default alert class for the panel.
Would likely require quite a few edits. It'd be hard to explain in a post and without seeing the template structure.
LCTG likes this post