How to create an ad space?
I'm newbie. I'm trying to place an ad on my forum. How to create ad space? And I need some security advices.
(05-02-2016, 08:10 AM)ClearSky Wrote: I'm newbie. I'm trying to place an ad on my forum. How to create ad space? And I need some security advices.

Hi,

There are a couple of options, one of which is to edit your templates yourself and paste in the advertising code you need. otherwise, there are a couple of plugins you can use such as MyAdvertisements.

What kind of security advice do you need?
Well thank you. By the way can i transfer whole forum files into another server without installing? For security, protect from script kiddies and beginners. I want to make my forum special. As i thought if i have increased my security by changing basic(default) settings, No one would use casual exploit that has been known by public.
Yep, you should be able to - just remember to backup your database and transfer it across too.

For enhanced security, remember to use a strong unique password (preferably from a password manager such as LastPass or KeePass). Additionally, renaming the administrator directory can help: http://blog.mybb.com/2008/02/06/securing...tallation/
@euan
My advertisement doesnt work on me. I uploaded things that should've, But i couldnt see anything with my advertisement. I uploaded things that were in upload folder. Did i skip something?
(10-02-2016, 10:57 AM)ClearSky Wrote: @euan
My advertisement doesnt work on me. I uploaded things that should've, But i couldnt see anything with my advertisement. I uploaded things that were in upload folder. Did i skip something?

Did you activate the plugin in the ACP?
I cant get into plugins section. It gives an error.
What is the error message?
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1317 - Query execution was interrupted
Query:
SELECT `TABLE_NAME` FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE `TABLE_TYPE` = 'BASE TABLE' AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE 'forum_hello_messages'
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
And i cant connect to mybb server. I think hosting company blocked it.