How to remove/disable RSS Feed on your forum?
Some of the steps, how to prevent someone to steal content from your site.
You can remove/disable RSS Feed like this:

-Remove syndication.php file from your file manager. It's good but this can cause some errors maybe, so I do not recommend it.

-Removing RSS Feed link from your footer:

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Footer Templates > footer > find and remove:

PHP Code:
| <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a

-If you are using some theme which have RSS Feed link in header, it's completly same, just edit different template.

- Set the CHMOD settings on the syndication.php to 000.

If someone have some more usefull tips how to remove/disable RSS Feed on forum make me know and I will add it. It's quite old tutorial but someone might use it Happy
metonator and euan like this post
(18-12-2013, 12:44 PM)Jovan Wrote: Some of the steps, how to prevent someone to steal content from your site.
You can remove/disable RSS Feed like this:

-Remove syndication.php file from your file manager. It's good but this can cause some errors maybe, so I do not recommend it.

-Removing RSS Feed link from your footer:

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Footer Templates > footer > find and remove:

PHP Code:
| <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a

-If you are using some theme which have RSS Feed link in header, it's completly same, just edit different template.

- Set the CHMOD settings on the syndication.php to 000.

If someone have some more usefull tips how to remove/disable RSS Feed on forum make me know and I will add it. It's quite old tutorial but someone might use it Happy

And remove:
PHP Code:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php" />
<
link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?type=atom1.0" /> 

It will not make it appear on Opera for Subscribe to RSS