Notifications with mentions
If you're mentioned say 10 times in one post, you get 10 separate notifications. Also, if someone quotes a user who has tagged you, you get an extra notification.

Obviously that leaves room for serious abuse and annoyance. Do you think this can be fixed?

Edit: Was told this wasn't your integration; I'll get Xanth to report it to Wildcard.
Yeah, this is up to Wildcard to implement in his plugin. I do something similar with thread responses already Happy
And now it won't even work with MyAlerts. God dammit. It's such a popular feature.
Yeah, Wilcard hasn't updated it for 1.04 yet Sad
IMO this should be somewhat implemented wihtin MyAlerts, or at least offering a simple way to detect it.
PHP Code:
$Alerts->installed_plugins('mention_me');

if(!
$Alerts->installed_plugins['mention_me'] or !$Alerts->done_proccesses['mention_me'])
{

$already_send false;
    foreach(
$Alerts->done_proccesses['mention_me'] as $alert)
    {
        if(isset(
$alert[$uid][$pid]))
        {

$already_send false;
        }
    }

if(!
$already_send)
    {

// do send tag alerts

$Alerts->done_proccesses('mention_me', array($uid$pid));
    }

Or something, I don't know.
Yeah, settings and third party plugins still are a bit messy as per Issue #53. What I'm currently thinking is that alerts should be on by default, with the settings turning them off only. I also want to look at building a much neater way for plugin authors to send alerts so that all the checking is done by MyAlerts itself. Would make the code a lot more DRY too.